There's so much more to sizzle over a summer campfire than steak and bacon. Prepare to take camping (or glamping?) to a new level of righteous deliciousness with these fourteen veg campfire recipes that are sure to create happy campers.
- Savory Grilled Tofu on a Stick: Crunchy, hearty portable. Hot mustard and chili pepper flakes give these sassy skewers flavor you won't soon forget.
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Whole Grain Mustard: Bring brussels sprouts to a whole new level with whole grain mustard. Who knew? Roast them to perfection and you're ready for a to-die-for dinner.
- Protein Packed Potato Salad: Almonds, white pepper, and chives give this spin on classic potato salad a unique and yet crunchy-familiar flavor. Prepare this ahead of time (the recipe is simple and easy) and keep it in a water tight container in the cooler for a welcome addition to any campfire meal-- with an added protein boost.
- Mixed Mushroom Hobo Pack: You'll make this adorable, woodsy, amazing hobo packet again and again. Simple and earthy, this easy peazy addition to your campfire cookery repertoire is sure to impress. Absolutely fantastic!
- Vegetarian Barbeque Skillet Beans: Oh la la. These skillet beans are sure to satisfy even the hungriest cowboy. Hearty and rich with veggie-based flavor, these are going to warm you up from the inside out.
- Grilled Corn Summer Salad: Nothing says summer time like grilled corn summer salad! This recipe has a smokey, fresh flavor that will keep you coming back for more. Perfect for a side during breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you can also spoon leftovers into your morning tortilla with avocado, tomato, and or black beans for a perfect breakfast meal!
- 20 Delicious Veggie Burger Recipes: What would a vegan campfire cooking list be without veggie burger possibilities? You're sure to find one here that's perfect for your trip. Individually wrap them in parchment paper and pop into the cooler in tupperware for the perfect first-night dinner over the fire. Sure, store bought veggie burgers are easy, but doing it yourself is so worth it!
- Perfect Campfire Potatoes: Absolutely classic! I recommend omitting the butter here and replacing it with Earth Balance spread, for maximum vegan buttery flavor.
- Grilled Zucchini & Asparagus: How much better can it get than asparagus straight off of the grill? Here's how to perfectly prep it, dress it with summer zucchini, and fall in love.
- Campfire Black Bean Tortilla Casserole: Go ahead and ditch the regular cheese for a vegan version and this amazing campfire black bean tortilla casserole will have you ooohing and ahhing into the evening.
- DIY Trail Mix: Don't leave home without it! Save money and cut down on pesky packaging by doing it yourself. Swap out the yogurt covered raisins in this recipe for standard or flame raisins and you've got the perfect vegan trail mix that'll keep you up on protein and fiber. Get out there, outdoor herbivore!
- Vegan Campfire French Toast: Could I rave about this recipe any more? It's a perfect, simple, shockingly good addition to the morning. Cozy up to your skillet with a hot cup of Fair Trade and live it up with this fabulous vegan campfire french toast.
- Grilled Peaches & Pecans: Another incredible addition to any meal of the day, this delightfully simple recipe for grilled peaches and pecans is absolutely perfect.
- Vegan Campfire S'mores: I had to! Vegan s'mores? It's true! These ooey, gooey, chocolatey desserts are the perfect night cap to a day on the water or hiking in the woods. Go ahead. Act like a kid again. After all, it's summer time.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.