Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Breakfasts don’t have to be boring! Try this delicious vegan pancake recipe that will create a sweet start to your day. Best of all, it’s really easy to do - all you need is your griddle! - so the kids will love to help you make it.
- You’ll Need the Following Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil (you might need a bit more, but see how you go)
- A griddle
- 2 bowls
- How to Make Them:
- 1. Sift together all your dry ingredients (the salt, baking powder, flour, and sugar) in a medium-sized bowl.
- 2. Whisk the oil and water in a different bowl.
- 3. Free up some space in the middle of the dry ingredients’ bowl and then gently trickle in the oil and water that you’ve mixed.
- 4. Stir it well until it has all blended nicely.
- 5. Heat up an oiled griddle on medium heat, then carefully spoon the pancake batter onto it.
- 6. Make sure you cook the batter until the pancakes become gently browned on both sides.
Vegan Topping Suggestions
You can add a variety of vegan toppings to your pancakes. Here are some ideas:
- 1. Serve your pancakes with summer fruits. Either have them fresh or bake them with some cinnamon and sugar before placing them on the pancakes so that they’ll be melting and yummy!
- 2. Vegetables such as tomatoes, served with herbs such as basil or rosemary, give your pancakes a nice savoury and healthy twist.
- 3. What are pancakes without cream, huh? Make vegan whipped cream to top off your pancakes. Yes, really! There is an interesting recipe you can try on the Veggieful website that makes use of just three ingredients: coconut cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Yum!
Breakfast is served!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.