Cook Time: 23min.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
• 32 fl oz/1 liter/4 cups cold water
• 1 sprig of fresh parsley.
• 1 fresh thyme sprig
• 1 Bay leaf, tied together with clean string
• 2 Celery stalks chopped
• 3 Baby leeks, chopped
• 4 Baby carrots, chopped
• 5 1/2 oz/150g new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into cubes
• 4 tbsp shelled fava beans or peas
• 6 oz/175g canned cannellini or flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
• 3 heads bok choy • 5 1/2 oz/150 g/generous • 3 1/4 cups arugula pepper Pesto
• 2 Large handfuls fresh basil leaves • 1 Fresh green chili, seeded
• 2 Garlic cloves
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Put the water and herbs into a large pan and add the celery, leeks, carrots, and potatoes. bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the fava beans or peas and canned beans and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Stir in the bok choy and arugula, season with pepper and let simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove and discard the bouquet. Garnish.
3. Meanwhile, to make the pesto, put the basil, chile, garlic, and oil into a food processor and pulse to form a thick paste. Stir in the cheese.
4. Stir most of the pesto into the soup, then ladle into warmed bowls. Top with the remaining pesto and serve at once.