Cook Time: 8 minutes
This is a very simple recipe; especially made for my husband's birthday. It was such a hit!
For the crust
For the filling
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (about 8 organic key limes)
- 1/3 cup melted organic refined coconut oil
- ½ cup organic sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic agave nectar
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup organic heavy coconut cream (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- zest from 3-4 organic key limes *optional for topping
- Place all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and process until they are mixed completely.
- Press the mixture down with your fingertips into a 12 cupcake silicone pan to form the crust.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to the freezer.
- To make the filling, blend the ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Spoon filling into the crusts in the cupcake pan. Tap to let the mixture settle.
- Freeze for about 2 hours before serving. (Prepare the whipped cream while they’re in the freezer)
- To make the whipped cream, scoop the coconut cream and discard the liquid.
- Pour the cream into a chilled bowl and add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Using an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk, beat the cream to a firm consistency until stiff peaks form.
- Push the bottom of each pie and pop them out.
- Defrost your pies about 5 minutes before serving and top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with key lime zest.
This recipe will yield 12 mini key lime pies.
I topped half with whipped cream and zest; the rest with blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I dusted the berries with a little organic powdered sugar (hold a sifter or strainer over the berries and sift the powdered sugar over them).