Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
I am very fond of mangoes and I keep experimenting with different recipes. The juicy, tangy, and sweet flavors are absolutely amazing to cook with. Although, sometimes it does become difficult to find perfectly ripe mangoes. That’s when I prefer opting for mango puree. You can use what suits you best! Today, I am going to prepare a vegan mango and tofu curry. Here is a list of ingredients you will need for this dish.
Here is the list of ingredients you will need:
- 300 grams of tofu
- 3 teaspoons of safflower oil
- A pinch of cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala
- 1 red onion
- A piece of ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of water
- A pinch of cumin seed powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 to 4 cloves
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of ripe mango pulp or puree
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- A teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1 chopped cilantro
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Step 1: Cut the tofu into small cubes or rectangles. Make sure that they are cut in the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Step 2: Next, take a pan and place it over a medium heat. Then add a bit of the oil and add the tofu. Let it cook until the tofu is slightly brown.
- Step 3: You can now add the cayenne, salt, cinnamon, and garam masala to the tofu and mix it well. Let it cook for until lightly browned.
- Step 4: In a blender, combine the garlic, ginger, onion and some water. Blend to achieve a smooth paste.
- Step 5: Add some oil to a sauce pan. Once the oil is hot, add cloves, cumin seed powder, and bay leaves. Let them cook for just a few seconds until fragrant. Next, add the onion puree to the pan and heat for about five minutes.
- Step 6: Now you can add the mango pulp, salt, coconut milk, and vinegar. Add the tofu and black pepper powder as well. Let the curry cook for five more minutes or until it comes to a boil. Make sure the curry has a thick consistency. Use the cilantro to garnish, along with a pinch of garam masala.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons