Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 9 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- Add the macadamia nuts to a large bowl and pour over hot (boiling) water. Allow to rest uncovered for 1 hour and then drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cake pan with wax paper, set the dish aside.
- Add almonds, oats, salt, and coconut sugar to a blender and combine on high until it becomes a fine meal.
- Add coconut oil, starting with 3 tbsp, and continue to add more if it's too dry. Mix on low until a dough is formed.
- Move the mixture to your previously prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Then place more wax paper on top and use a flat-bottomed glass to press down the paper firmly, until it's distributed evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then increase heat to 375 Fahrenheit and bake for approximately 5-10 minutes more, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven to cool slightly, and reduce the oven heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the macadamia nuts are drained, add them into a blender with the vegan cream cheese, coconut cream, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt. Blend on high until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pour filling over the already baked crust, and spread evenly across.
- Bake for 1 hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, or until the edges look slightly dry.
- Allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature, then move to the refrigerator to let cool completely while uncovered. Once it's cooled, cover and refrigerate for another 7-8 hours.
- Serve with additional coconut cream, or top with macadamia nuts.
Image courtesy of Wikimedia Creative Commons