Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Tawa pulav is an Indian recipe that is often cooked with left over rice. This recipe is extremely simple to prepare and is widely cooked in India. You can use left over rice or you can use fresh boiled rice-- whatever's convenient for you. This recipe uses many Indian spices and different vegetables. Lets get started.
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup green peas
- ½ table spoon garlic
- ½ table spoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Oil to cook
*You can add any other vegetables of your choice.
METHOD TO PREPARE THE RICE:
- STEP 1: Heat some oil in a pan. Add some finely chopped onions and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
- STEP 2: Lower the heat and let the onions turn a golden brown. Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic to the pan.
- STEP 3: Now, add the green peas and finely chopped tomatoes. Mix the ingredients well.
- STEP 4: Once you have added the vegetables, you can start adding the spices. Add the salt, chili powder, and coriander powder to the mixture.
- STEP 5: Now that all the vegetables and spices are added, you can add the boiled rice and stir fry the rice with the vegetables.
That’s it! Your pulav is ready to eat. Serve it piping hot and can eat it with your favorite sauces or grilled potatoes!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.