Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
India is a country that’s famous for its festivals and celebrations. And here, celebration calls for good food and spending quality time with your family and friends. So this time, I am going to share the recipe of vegan Indian ladoos. Ladoo is basically a type of gluten-free ball, which is prepared during the Indian festivals. It is absolutely easy to prepare and you require some very basic ingredients. So let’s gets started with this recipe.
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon of saffron syrup
- 6-7 strands of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar powder
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon of almonds flakes
- 1 tablespoon of pistachio flakes
- Oil to fry
- ¾ cup of water
- Step 1: Take a bowl and add the chickpea flour.
- Step 2: Now add the saffron syrup to the bowl and mix it well. You can add the baking soda and water too. Keep mixing the ingredients and make sure that the batter doesn’t become too thick or get too diluted. Keep checking the consistency of the mixture, until it’s smooth and can coat the back of a spoon.
- Step 2: Take a pan, add the sugar and water and let it boil for at least 5 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture till you get thick consistent syrup.
- Step 3: Now, you can add the cardamom powder and saffron strands to the syrup.
- Step 4: Next, take a vessel and add some oil. Now all you have to do is take the chickpea mixture and pour it in the oil with the help of a spoon which has tiny slots/ holes. Take some batter and little by little pour it for frying through the slotted spoon. These small droplets of the batter are called boondi.
- Step 5: Let the boondi fry for 5 minutes, this way you can make sure that the boondi is cooked properly. Next, remove the boondi from the oil and keep it aside.
- Step 6: Now, add the sugar syrup to the boondi and let the boondi soak up the syrup.
- Step 7: Apply some oil to your palm, so that the mixture doesn’t stick to your palm.
- Step 8: Take the mixture and start making bite-sized balls out of the mixture. Once the ladoos are ready, garnish with almond flakes and pistachio flakes.
That’s it, you’re ready for a typical Indian festive treat for your friends and family. You can store these ladoos in an air-tight container as well.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr’s Creative Commons