Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
In India there are a wide variety of flat breads, as curries and vegetables are often served with flat breads. There are many types of flat breads like tandoori roti, kulcha, paratha, etc. And this time I am sharing a recipe of a flat Indian bread that is both healthy and wholesome; this recipe is commonly known as Vegan Indian Garlic Flat Bread.
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegan yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Step 1: Firstly, let’s prepare the garlic herb spread. For that you need to take a bowl, add the vegan butter, minced garlic, freshly chopped cilantro, and freshly chopped basil. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Step 2: Now that we have our garlic herb spread ready, we need to prepare the dough. Take a bowl and add the almond milk, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, vegan yogurt, and all-purpose flour and whisk it together.
- Step 3: Next, add some olive oil and knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Step 4: Once the dough is ready, we need to divide the dough into equal parts. Roll out the dough into 8-inch circles.
- Step 5: Now take the garlic herb spread and apply it evenly on the top of the flat bread.
- Step 6: Put the flat bread on a skillet and make sure that the side with the garlic herb spread is on the top.
- Step 7: Cover the skillet with a lid so that the top of the flat bread with the herb spread gets cooked with the steam.
When the colour of the flatbread turns golden brown, spread some vegan butter on the top of the flat bread and serve it piping hot with any vegan curry.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.