I have always loved the fragrance of cinnamon at any time of the year. It is great in most desserts and adds depth to the overall flavor. This amazing spice is often found in mexican cuisine with the most well known being the churro. I have found a great recipe from theveganstoner.blogspot.com that recreates this great dessert in a healthier vegan form.
- flour tortillas
- vegetable oil
- soy milk
- vegan pudding mix (like Mori-Nu Mates available on Amazon.com)
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. mix 2 spoonfuls of cinnamon and 2 handfulls of sugar in a bowl
3. slice tortillas into small triangles and coat both sides with vegatable oil
4. coat tortilla slices in the cinnamon sugar mixture and bake for 5 minutes
5. mix 1 cup of soy milk with a box of pudding mix
6. serve chips with pudding dip
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.