Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
I am very fond of chocolate soufflés and was experimenting on different recipes to get the perfect vegan one. It did take me some time to get the gooey centre and perfectly baked surface. I also like to add fresh fruits along with vegan whipped cream from time to time. You can also add nuts that are high in protein, if you like. Let's get started!
- 4 tablespoons of vegan brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Vegan whipped cream
- ½ cup hot water
- Step 1: Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Celsius.
- Step 2: Take a bowl and add the all-purpose flour, vegan brown sugar, baking soda, and cocoa powder and whisk the ingredients together.
- Step 3: Next, take a small bowl and add the vanilla essence, olive oil, hot water, and melted vegan dark chocolate.
- Step 4: Now take the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- Step 5: Once the mixture is ready to be baked, take small oven safe dishes and grease them with olive oil.
- Step 6: You can now pour the batter in each of the baking dishes. But make sure that you add a piece of dark chocolate in the middle. So that the center is nice and gooey once the soufflés are baked.
- Step 7: Let the chocolate soufflé bake for about 20 minutes. Check at regular intervals.
Once your soufflés are ready, top them with whipped cream and enjoy. If you have any suggestions, please do let me know in the comments below.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr’s Creative Commons