Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
India is famous for its wide range of spices and I am going to share a recipe which is simple but full of authentic Indian spices. Chana masala is a type of curry which is made of chickpeas. This dish is extremely famous in India and is prepared on a regular basis as it is highly nutritious. Chana masala is a healthy recipe that is full of nutrients. This is my mom's recipe and it is so easy to prepare. All you have to do is to cook the chickpeas with some spices.You don’t need any special ingredients for this dish; it contains all the basic ingredients which are readily available at home or at any grocery store. So let’s get started with this wholesome yet simple recipe.
- 3 cups of boiled chickpeas
- 1-2 chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- Step 1: Take a pan, put it on the fire and add some oil in it. Now add the cumin seeds and let the seeds cook for 2 minutes.
- Step 2: Now add the chopped onions and garlic and let the mixture cook for 5 minutes. Once the color of the mixture turns to golden brown add the cumin powder, turmeric, chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Step 3: Once the mixture is cooked properly you can add the finely chopped tomatoes. Stir the mixture and let it cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Step 4: You can now add the boiled chickpeas to the mixture and let the mixture cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Step5: Once the chickpeas are cooked thoroughly you can garnish it with finely chopped cilantro.
Serve piping hot! You can also have this dish with basmati rice. Hope you liked the recipe.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.