Summer is slowly coming to an end and it’s time to let the summery dishes have their last hurrah. This pasta is a perfect side dish at a BBQ with heavy foods. It’s a zesty, light and refreshing pasta that is sure to be a refreshing addition to your Labor Day BBQ. I have discovered that this recipe tastes better the next day if it lasts that long!
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Zest and juice from one lemon Zest from lime
- ½ cup Finely chopped broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil
- 12 spears of Asparagus
- 4-6 springs of dill Splash of white wine
1. First roughly chop three spears of asparagus set aside in separate bowl.
2. In another bowl, finely chop dill, asparagus and broccoli florets. Combine dill, asparagus , broccoli in blender with lemon and lime. Combine ingredients into blender. Add garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, wine and olive oil. Blend well.
3. Prepare pasta according to instructions. Drain, keep ¼ cup of pasta water. 4. Add mixture to hot pasta. Serve immediately. Add vegan mozzarella if desired.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.