Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Eggplant is a very versatile vegetable. There are different types of dishes where you can wiggle this veggie into your diet. Today, I am going to share a simple recipe that is sure to make your lunch or dinner very interesting. The texture and flavors of this dish are simply amazing. Let’s get started with this tasty tomato and eggplant curry. Don't forget the perfect basil garnish!
Things you will require:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion
- Few cherry tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 bowl of chickpeas
- Fresh basil
- ¼ cup vegan yogurt
- Black pepper
How to get started:
- Step 1: Cop the eggplant into small pieces and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Step 2: In a medium-size saucepan, cover rice with water.
- Step 3: Next, add salt to the rice and stir well. Bring the rice to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Once the rice is cooked, let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Get started with the eggplant: simply take another saucepan and toss in the onion. Cook them over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Step 5: Next, you add the cherry tomatoes, curry powder, salt and black pepper. Stir all of the ingredients for about 7 minutes until cooked.
- Step 6: Add about 2 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Step 7: Cover the saucepan and let the eggplant cook until its tender.
- Step 8: Lastly, add the chickpeas and cook for about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Serve this tomato and eggplant curry with some rice and vegan yogurt. You can spice up the yogurt or sweeten it if you like.
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.