Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yes, you heard it right. Oreos and strawberries, two of the most beloved foods rolled into one! The combined result is not only delicious but mind blowing! This recipe will be a favourite among young and old alike.
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese. You will be delighted after trying these. Trust us when we say you will be tempted to prepare this recipe every time you bring fresh strawberries home. Easy to prepare, this recipe is simple yet mouth-watering. Do not waste a moment more. Given below is the recipe for the most sinful dessert ever.
- 1 packet Double Stuff Oreos
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces chocolate, for melting
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (preferably big ones)
- Chop up the Oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs are achieved. Alternatively, you may also place the Oreos in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Be sure to use the frosting, too, while blending/crushing. Once this is done, keep aside ¼ cup of crushed Oreos for garnish.
- Use a large bowl to mix the crushed Oreos with cream cheese, preferably with your hands. After a good mix, take a portion of the mixture and roll it into ½ inch balls. Next, place the balls on wax paper and freeze them for about 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, get the strawberries readied. Cut off the top and scoop out the pulp using a melon baller. You may also use a knife to scoop out the pulp. This needs more precision and needs to be done carefully. Next, melt the chocolate either by microwaving it or using a double boiler.
- Next, remove the Oreo truffles from the freezer and stuff each strawberry with the truffles. Once the stuffing is done, dip the tops of each of the strawberries in the melted chocolate. Garnish with the crushed Oreos.
- Refrigerate the strawberries until the chocolate is set. Your Oreo-truffle stuffed strawberries are ready to be served.
Photo courtesy: Flickr Creative Commons