This one is a concoction that I make quite often, since I like tofu so much and know that it’s a healthy option. This is a rice dish and you can use any rice you like or have available at home. It works well for a quick lunch recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2):
• 1 pack firm Tofu cubed
• 1 cup Rice cooked
• 1 Onion thin sliced
• 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
• ½ inch Ginger chopped
• 2 cloves Garlic chopped
• 1 Tomato chopped
• ½ cup chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• Fresh ground Black Pepper to taste
• Oil to cook
- Cook the rice and keep aside. Meanwhile drain the Tofu, dry on a paper towel and dice into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Let the seeds splutter and add the chopped ginger, garlic and onions. Stir a little and let it cook till onions are soft.
- Now add the chopped tofu, stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the chopped tomato and stir.
- Add the rice and the chopped cilantro. Now add the salt and grind some black pepper. Stir to mix well and cook for about a minute. Serve hot or pack for lunch!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.