Prep Time: 10 minutes
Dips are one item on my menu charts where I need constant reinvention. I love to try out different flavors, spices and possible variations. After all dips can really spice up our repertoire, can't they? This one is inspired by my desire to make a tomato based dip with sun-dried tomatoes that is not too overpowering. Who doesn't love the trifecta that is sun-dried tomatoes, tofu and basil?
All you need is:
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- ½ pack soft tofu
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- A few fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Chop the sun dried tomatoes, onion, green pepper.
- Combine chopped vegetables, tofu, garlic, basil leaves, oregano, cayenne pepper, black pepper, lemon juice and salt, all in a food processor and process to make a smooth well blended dip.
- Serve with your choice of appetizers, crackers or vegetables.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.