Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes or less
Family time is the best. It is one of those things in life that makes our lives a little better and a little stronger. Nothing compares to having quality time with your loved ones and while you are at it, also enjoying great food. Somehow, great food seems to bring people together. Laughter between every bite. Smiles between compliments on how good dinner was. Those are times we treasure and want to hold in our hearts forever. My family loves to get together, eat, dance, laugh and hug. Christmas is almost here. It is getting colder and I cant wait to see my family again.
Every Christmas I look forward to eating my mom's stir fry green beans. It is a simple and too easy to make dish, but it is simply delicious and it smells wonderful! When my family and I sit at the table to have Christmas dinner, this dish is the first one gone! I hope you give this a try.
You will need the following.
* Green Beans (about 2 pounds,add more if you are making this for a big family)
* Soy Sauce (or you can use anything similar to it)
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Olive oil
- Wash and cut the tips of the green beans.
- If you want them smaller, then just cut them in half. I usually just cut the tips and leave them as they are.
- Now, in a large frying pan drizzle olive oil until you have covered the bottom of the pan. Let it get hot over medium heat.
- Put the beans in the pan and fry them for about five minutes.
- Once you've done that, pour about four large table spoons of soy sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add 2 table spoons of minced garlic. The garlic is the secret ingredient. The more, the better.
- Now mix again, cover with lid, lower temperature to medium-low and let it cook until beans are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- *Keep in mind that soy sauce is already salty, so make sure you dont add too much salt.
- If you plan to take this dish to a party or a family get together place it in a container with a lid so it can stay hot. If it gets cold, simply put it in the oven at 350 for about five minutes. The greens beans will still taste very fresh.
- Serve with rice or steamed vegetables. Either way, you will love it!