This is a pseudo-icecream recipe. It is aimed more towards those without a powerful blender or icecream machine. I use a very old and not so powerful blender, and it does the trick when I am wanting something icecreamy and chocolately! It also stops me from spending an arm and a leg for an icey starbucks drink when it is hot outside. ;)
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of silken firm tofu
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2-4 tsp xylitol (or sweetener of your choice)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 frozen bananas
- 1-2 tbs cacao powder
- Blend the pumpkin, tofu, sweetener, sea salt, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice together well, until smooth. If it isn't sweet enough, adjust to your taste (remember the frozen banana will add sweetness later on).
- Chill in the freezer for about an hour or two. You don't want it to be solid, but it should have hardened a bit. Remove from the freezer and blend with the frozen banana. I have a weak blender/food processor, so I had to continuously use a spatula to scrape down the sides and to press down on the banana, but it did the job after about 4-5 minutes! If you have a powerful food processor, this should be much easier. Add in a second banana if you want.
- When everything is creamy, stir in the cacao and do a taste test. Adjust to your liking and then enjoy!