Prep Time: 35
Cook Time: 32
If your a fan of ethnic desserts, then you will enjoy this recipe. It is a shortbread cookie with a caramel filling, it is also known as "Alfajores." It is a recipe from South America that you will enjoy and is very simple to make. Also, it is a recipe that even kids can do for class projects
To make the shortbread cookie:
- 5 1/4 ounces of butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon wheat flour
- Mix ingredients. It will end looking like dough.
- Wrap it in plastic for 25 minutes in freezer.
- After, cut the dough into cookie size figure and preheat the over to 200 degrees.
- Bake it for about 22 minutes or until it reaches a brownish color.
Preparation for caramel filling:
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of organic syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Dime of salt
- Heat the milk and wheat flour.
- Add sugar and rest of ingredients and mix it.
- Keep mixing for about ten minutes until the caramel is thick.
- Finally, spread the filling in the cookies and enjoy your dessert.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.