This shake/smoothie/hot chocolate drink is dee-lish for breakfast and really sets you up for the day but it is also perfect as a warming, soothing drink before bed, to help you sleep. Or as a treat in the middle of the day: a kind of multi-purpose recipe really. It's so quick and easy to whip up that I get a lot of mileage out of this shake! It's filling and satisfying and keeps you going for a while, without giving you a blood-sugar crash, hence why it is perfect for breakfast. Total time to prepare and cook: about 7 minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 600 ml of plant milk of your choice (I usually use rice-milk, as that is my current favourite)
- 2 tbsp of vegan drinking chocolate
- 3 tbsp of medium oatmeal
- 100 g raspberries *
1) Place milk, drinking chocolate and oatmeal in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2) Simmer gently for 5 minutes until the oatmeal is soft.
3) Place raspberries in a blender/food processor, add the chocolate/oat milk and blend until smooth.
4) Allow to cool slightly before pouring into 2 tall smoothie glasses.
* You can always use frozen raspberries as a convenient alternative, if you don't have any fresh ones.
Your votes and comments are much appreciated!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.