7 oz/200g acorn squash or other type of squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 4 wedges.
1tsp of vegetable oil
3.5 oz/100g onion, finely chopped
1tsp minced garlic
2.5oz/70g three-grain risotto mix (baldo rice, spelt, and pearl barley- this is available already made)
10fl oz/300 ml 1/4 cups vegetable stock
8oz/225g asparagus tips
2tbsp finely chopped fresh marjoram, plus extra to garnish
3tbsp lowfat cream cheese
2tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley pepper
- Spread out the squash wedges on a nonstick cookie sheet and roast in a preheated oven, 400F/200C, for 20min., or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium pan over high heat, add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, until softened but not colored. Add the risotto mix and stir in half the stock. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock has reduced in the pan. Pour in the remaining stock and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the grains are tender.
- Cut 6oz/175g of the asparagus into 4-inch/10-cm lengths and blach in a pan of boiling water for 2min. Drain and keep warm. Cut the remaining asparagus into 1/4 inch/5-mm slices and add to the risotto for the last 3min. of the cooking time.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the marjoram, cream cheese, and parsley. Season with pepper. Do not reboil.
- To serve, lay the squash wedges on warmed serving plates, then spoon over the risotto and top with the asparagus. Garnish with marjoram.