Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
A delicious "salad", main dish, or side dish that can be eaten hot or cold! You can mix up the vegetables you add with whatever is in season in your local area as cauliflower is really the base of this recipe. Roasted cauliflower is a revelation. One serving of cauliflower has over 70% of your recommended daily vitamin C intake. It also contains vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, folate, potassium and B6. It's an excellent vegetable with tons of fibre and antioxidants, it is low in calories and high in nutrients. You can't go wrong! This is a dish that lets the produce do all the talking, there's not a lot of spice added (you could add chilli and coriander to this if you want an extra kick, or some diced red onion), but you really don't need it. Quick and easy to prepare, this is great for dinner parties. It's ready to serve in just 30 minutes.
- 1 whole head of cauliflower (separated & roasted)
- Bunch of flat leaf or continental parsley (chopped)
- Handful of fresh mint (chopped)
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts (toasted)
- 3/4 cup fresh corn (boiled)
- 1 sweet potato (diced and roasted)
- Dash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
What do I do now?
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees celsius - with olive oil, salt and pepper. Do the same with the sweet potato (dice and roast with a little olive oil). Put your corn on to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Roast your hazelnuts in the oven for about 5 minutes - or you could toast them in a frying pan until golden.
- Chop the parsley and mint leaves.
- When the corn is done - cut the kernels off the corn by cutting down the cob.
- Take everything from the oven, mix it all together with a dash of olive oil and enjoy!
- Sprinkle some extra parsley on top! Eat hot or cold.