Prep Time: Around 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 Minutes
Today, I'm going to introduce to you one of my most favorite vegetarian meals, refried bean burritos! Because sometimes keeping it simple is the best and most delicious option.
What you will need:
- Flour Tortillas, preferrably burrito (not taco) sized.
- Vegetarian refried beans. (Brands may vary.)
- Your favorite shredded cheese, or non-dairy cheese.
- Salsa (I prefer Old El Paso medium)
- *Optional: chopped grilled tofu
- Okay, so first start to heat up your beans! The easiest way to do this is by using the microwave, put I prefer to heat on the stove.
- Heat on medium while we work on getting those tortillas warm.
- For the tortillas, place in stove or microwave. Microwave usually works fine unless you heat them for too long, in this case they will be hard.
- Ready any veggies you would like to add to your burritos, such as bannana peppers, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- And now you should be ready to put it all together. For best results, place your cheese on the tortilla first so that the hot beans will melt it, it should taste like a quesadilla if you use Monterey Jack, Cheddar, and a Queso mix. Then add the rest.
NOW GO ENJOY YOUR VEGETARIAN BURRITOS!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.