Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Salads are always healthy and easy to make. They are not just for summer time. To maintain your diet year-round and add nutrition to what you eat, salads are the best options. For vegan, salads are their bread and (vegan) butter. Most people stay away from salads, because they say that salads really aren’t tasty. Well, they have not tried Apples and pumpkin salad. This is one of the tastiest salads one will ever eat. We can add even more flavor for it by adding nuts, beans and more citrus fruits.
Ingredients for the salad:
- One and half cups of peeled and grated red apples,
- One and half cups of peeled and grated pumpkin,
- One quarter cup of chopped walnuts,
- One quarter cup of raisins, and
- Washed and pat-dried radicchio leaves.
- 4 tablespoons of walnut or olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger,
- Salt and pepper (a pinch),
- 1 Lemon (juice),
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and
- 1 tablespoon of sweet grainy mustard.
Alright… let us get right on to it.
- First, in a bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and mix it well.
- Take another large bowl and start adding the cut apples, pumpkin, half of walnuts and raisins.
- Toss them well first and pour the mixed dressing ingredients to it and mix till all the ingredients are well combined.
- You can add some nuts like almonds and fruits like blueberries to the mixture to add more flavor and nourishment.
- You can also add some of the dried cherries that have a nice rich hint of cinnamon to them. Dried cranberries will not have that, but it is not the end of the world. The dried cherries get nice and tastier as the salad sits.
- Now place a radicchio leaf in a serving plate and then, place the pumpkin-apple salad on the leaf.
- Finally, garnish your salad with the rest of walnuts.
And you now have an awesome salad!! Indulge in its divinity or share it with others.