Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, we all know that, but to be honest, I am guilty of skipping breakfast for the past couple of years as I thought it would help me lose weight, not to mention my very busy schedule.
However, what I did not realize is that I can actually enjoy breakfast that’s not really going to make me fat and at the same time a very delicious and healthy breakfast that is very easy to prepare and cook. It only needs very basic yet healthy ingredients which you can just find right inside your kitchen – bananas and berries.
Banana is known for its many health benefits. Aside from the fact that it is rich in potassium, this fruit is also popular for its ability to increase energy, improve digestion and fight cancer. These are but a few reasons why banana is one of the best elements in my breakfast.
Today I can’t start my morning without banana because of its naturally healthy goodness. It can also be perfectly paired with berries which are packed with antioxidants. And that means it slows down your aging. Another thing that makes berries so special is that they contain high levels of phytochemicals – the nutrients that naturally protect our cells from getting damaged.
So here is a guaranteed healthy breakfast recipe I would like to share with all you that will surely give your day a boost.
· 100g porridge oats
· 4 tsp demerara sugar
· 3 bananas, sliced
· 150g fat-free natural vegan yogurt of your choice
· 400g punnet strawberries, hulled and halved
· ½ tsp cinnamon, plus extra to serve
· 450ml non-dairy milk
1. Mix the oats, sugar, cinnamon, milk, sugar, and half the sliced bananas in a medium sized saucepan. Make sure that the heat is low. Stir it occasionally until you bring it to a boil, then drop the heat to medium-low. Cook it for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring consistently.
2. Remove the mixture from the saucepan and divide it into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with the remaining strawberries, bananas, a dollop of yogurt, and finally, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Image Credit: Flickr