Ahh, this is what the cooling temperatures call for. Potato Cauliflower soup is light, healthy and gives a nice warming feel to every sip. I wanted to try a soup with cauliflower and made this recipe over the weekend.
All you need is:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- vegan cheese (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Wash the cauliflower and pull the florets.
- Chop potatoes, onions, green pepper, ginger and garlic.
- In a soup pot, heat one tablespoon oil.
- Saute ginger, garlic, onions for a few minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes, green peppers and cauliflower florets.
- Add in the turmeric powder and stir. Add vegetable broth and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Now puree the soup in a blender carefully in batches if required.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour into a bowl or cup and sprinkle grated vegan cheese.
- Serve warm.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.