Prep Time: 5 mins
Summer is a great time for cold drinks, fruit and salads! One of the the main things that can transform a salad is the dressing. I usually go pretty simple with it, but occasionally it's nice to put in the extra few minutes. All that's needed is a blender! These dressings can also be put on tacos, veggies, veggie burgers, veggie dogs... The amounts for the ingredients are also not set in stone, so feel free to play around and add in other ingredients. Both the Poppy Seed and Lemon Tahini Dressing are creamy dressings and can be thicker or thinned out by a bit more or less water.
POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 2 tbs vegan mayo (ie vegenaise, Earth Balance, or make your own homemade mayo - there are plenty of recipes on the internet)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (I used spicy dijon mustard)
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp shallot, omit if you'd like
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or a fresh garlic clove
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Add ingredients into blender and blender until smooth! Chill in the fridge or use right away. Place leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. Use within 3-5 days.
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
- 3 tbs tahini
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 tbs water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Optional: 1/2 tbs nutritional yeast
- Add ingredients into blender and blender until smooth! This one gets pretty thick, so start with 3 tbs of water and increase a tbs at a time until you've reached your desired consistency. Chill in the fridge or use right away. Place leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. Use within 3-5 days.
Hope you enjoyed this post! It made me really hungry and now I want a bunch of lettuce...