Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20
I love oats, zucchini and pumpkin! Add a little spice, maple syrup, coconut and ground almonds (and a couple of other things) and you've got a yummy bake that is great as a breakfast or sweet little treat!
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour (I bought some almonds in the bulk section and ground them up)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut (optional, I just love coconut!)
- 1-2 tbs chopped dark chocolate (optional but it's so yummy with the oats and pumpkin!)
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini (I used a julienne peeler)
- 1 flax or chia "egg" (I used chia this time - 1 tbs chia seeds mixed in a small bowl with 2 tbs water)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Other Ingredient Ideas: Raisins, dried blueberries/cranberries, 1/2 tbs peanut butter/nut butter, chopped nuts, fresh berries, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, nutmeg, chopped dates, chopped figs
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Get out a large bowl and add in all the dry ingredients and then all the wet. For the chia or flax "egg", I prepared this first in a small bowl so it could congeal and absorb the water and added it in at the end, after I had added in all the other ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together well and then scoop into a square baking dish lined with parchment paper (or coated with a bit of oil so it doesn't stick) and bake for 20 minutes. My oven gets super hot, so you may want to bake it for an extra 2-5 minutes, depending on your oven.
- After it has baked, remove from heat and let sit for at least 10 minutes before trying to remove it.
- You can eat it warm or wait for it to fully cool and keep it stored in an airtight container to eat the next day. Eat on its own, or with fresh berries, earth balance, a bit more maple syrup, coconut "whipped cream"..etc. :)