Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
The temperature is dropping and the layers of clothes are increasing. In this time of meteorological crisis it is crucial to consume copious amounts of tea and comfort foods like cookies.
Oh Oatmeal, you are so warm. Much like a sweater for the stomach. No wonder so many people love to eat you when it is so cold out.
Your friends coconut and chocolate make you even more handsome. Especially when you come out of the oven as a warm, moist cookie. Get ready to be eaten!
For 10-14 cookies
1 Cup packed coconut sugar, or brown sugar
½ cup coconut oil
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup water
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup oats
½ cup dried coconut
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 400 F
2) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients making sure that the baking powder is completely dispersed and there are no lumps.
3) Add the wet ingredients and stir with your hands (so you can lick them afterwards, of course!)
4) Place a small handful of the cookie mixture on the baking sheet and squish them down so they are maybe 1 cm thick.
5) Bake for ten minutes until light brown.
6) Remove from heat, allow to cool and eat! Eat all of them!