Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 minutes
I’ve always had a knack for experimenting with new and delicious vegan desserts, having been born with a severe dairy-allergy. And no, it’s not the same as being lactose intolerant.
Over the years, I’ve explored various cookbooks and online recipes to satisfy my sweet-tooth and those of my friends and family, who have never once denied being the taste-tester of my various treats. In fact, most of them would respond, “no way this is vegan!”
Recently, I’ve been focusing on simple, easy-to-make treats that are both delicious to the taste buds and healthy to the heart and soul. I’ve found that natural, organic whole foods are the best way to go when it comes to creating food in its purest form. In fact, food just tastes better that way, when you can enjoy simple ingredients like fresh mixed berries, natural chocolate, and pure granola. Those are great on their own, of course, but if you want to throw them all together to create a quick yet satisfying treat, here’s a recipe I recently “threw together” myself.
- Mixed berries (preferably organic – fresh or frozen)
- Natural chocolate (non-dairy chocolate chips or dark chocolate)
- Pure granola (either homemade or an organic granola cereal)
- Optional: raw nuts of your choice (for a more “nutty” flavor)
- Prepare mixed berries on stovetop on low-medium heat (higher heat necessary to thaw frozen berries).
- Once berries are “warm,” remove from heat and pour into individual serving bowls or larger serving dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips or bits of dark chocolate onto warm berry mixture.
- Finally, sprinkle granola on chocolate-berry mixture to top it off! (Add chopped nuts too, if desired)
- Allow to cool or serve immediately (depending on preference).
It should store well in the fridge for 1-2 days, but will most likely be eaten up quickly and is best enjoyed fresh! Enjoy and Namaste :)