Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
In my continuing efforts to stop buying pre-made treats/cookies 99% of the time, I have been making these as either a To-Do breakfast or as a mid-day treat with coffee or tea. No unhealthy sweeteners, yay!
If I had raisins and blueberries, I would have added some of those in too.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats (you can also try oat flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 squares dark chocolate, chopped (I used a dark chocolate bar that is sweetened with Stevia)
- optional: 1 tsp unsweetened cacao nibs
- optional: 1 tsp xylitol/stevia if you want them to be sweeter
Makes around 4 mini baked oatmeal bites.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Evenly distribute into around 4 mini silicone cup cake cups (or whatever you have on hand - silicone is nice because I don't usually have to oil it to prevent things from sticking), place on a baking sheet and bake for around 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before trying to pop them out. They should come out easily if you are using silicone and/or have oiled cup cake cups.
I prefer these once they have gotten closer to room temperature, but they are still nice warm too, especially since the chocolate is still gooey. :} I added some raw granola on top, which had some nuts and seeds in it, so that's why they are visible in the photo. These baked oatmeal bites would be really nice with some fresh sliced fruit or vegan yogurt or ice cream... but I might be getting ahead of myself. I just heard the timer on my oven go off, which means that my latest batch are ready to be nommed upon with some genmaicha tea. ;)