Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
India is all about spices, and being born and brought up in an Indian family, even I love to add spices to every dish that I make. This recipe is one of my favourite recipes because it is the first dish which I learned to prepare on my own, though I do customise it every time I make it. The recipe that I am going to share today is that of the masala mac and cheese which is basically mac and cheese cooked with Indian spices. So here's the list of ingredients required to prepare your very own masala mac and cheese.
- 1 cup of pasta
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of vegan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Step 1: Take a pan and cook the pasta according to the instructions given on the packet.
- Step 2: Then take another pan and heat some olive oil. Now let’s add the spices, we can start by adding fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Step 3: After a few seconds, you can add the garlic, onion, tomatoes and lime juice to the pan and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Now you can add the garam masala, cinnamon powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, salt, and mix well.
- Step 5: Next, add the almond milk and the vegan cheese to the mixture and stir it for 5 minutes. Once the mixture is ready, you can add in the cooked pasta to the pan and mix it well.
Serve this dish piping hot with some freshly chopped cilantro and grated vegan cheese. These Indian spices will definitely add a delicious flavour to your version, do try it. Hope you like the recipe!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.