The 23rd Annual Spring Garden Show presents a demonstration at the Macy's Home Store. Chef Deborah shows the audience how to make their own Mango Habanero Salsa.
The main ingredients include:
Peel a ripe and firm mango, and cut it into 3/8-inch pieces. Make about 3/4 cup of these mango diced pieces.
- 1/2 cup of roma tomato. These tomatoes should be diced into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of diced red onion pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced habanero chile
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice, squeezed from a lime.
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
Place all the ingredients into a bowl, and mix well. Chile isn't required, especially if you don't want to make your salsa spicy. Experiment with different types of chile, whether mild or hot, if you want a spicy salsa. Some chiles to consider include Serrano chile, Habanero chile, or any mild version. It is recommended to wear gloves when handling hot chile.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.