Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
I was craving a pasta dish the other night, so I put this one together from ingredients in the cupboard and fridge that needed to be used up and it came out well. I used macaroni, which is one of my favourites, but I guess you could also use penne, fusilli, etc. I love macaroni cheese, but I didn't have any vegan cheese in, but instead had some vegetables and leftover soya cream, so this was the result! This dish is quick and easy to make and very satisfying.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
150 g/1 cup of macaroni (or similar pasta)
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
Small ½ cup/100 ml dry white wine (optional)
1 small leek, thinly sliced
Around ⅓ cup/ 50g of tinned sweetcorn
8-10 cherry tomatoes, either halved or left whole
1 tbsp olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
Around ¼ cup/50 ml soya cream (or other vegan cream)
½-1 teaspoon of dried herbs, e.g. oregano, thyme, marjoram.
A few leaves of fresh basil, to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it is al dente, according to the packet instructions, usually about 8-10 minutes
2) Add olive oil to a pan and add chopped onion and garlic, frying over a gentle heat until soft and translucent. Add the chopped leek and fry 1-2 minutes until soft.
3) Add the tomatoes, sweetcorn, herbs, wine if using, and salt and pepper, and cook through for 1-2 minutes.
4) Turn the heat down slightly, add the soya cream and heat through, until mixed with the veg.
5) Serve on top of the cooked macaroni, garnished with some basil leaves.
Enjoy, let me know what you think! Your votes and comments are much appreciated.