Fruits are nature’s wonder products that go a long way to give us good health and vitality. They provide vitamins, minerals, fiber and essential nutrients important to keep our bodies healthy. The antioxidants in many of the fruits help fight harmful cells, prevent various ailments and boost immunity. They are beneficial in maintaining a healthy metabolism rate and are great for weight watchers. Fruits also help prevent wrinkles, hair fall, and degeneration of eye cells. I do feel it is better to consume fresh fruits than just artificial supplements. Here is a list of a few fruits and some of their benefits:
1. Apple – Good source of fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-complex and antioxidants, it also aids digestion. Biting and chewing an apple also helps prevent tooth decay.
2. Banana – Good source of Potassium, fiber and Vitamin B6 it’s a nutrient rich fruit and also one of a baby’s first solid food.
3. Orange – Rich in dietary fiber and Vitamin C, it is also a good source of Vitamins A, B complex and minerals. It helps fight infection and build immunity.
4. Strawberry – Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, Manganese and Folate besides other benefits. It is supposed to keep you looking younger by keeping wrinkles at bay.
5. Papaya – Good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, it also aids in digestion and prevents constipation. It boosts overall health and vitality. It’s also a great for the skin, and can be used as a face pack.
6. Mango – Good source of Vitamin A, its also rich in iron, antioxidants and potassium. Rich in fiber, it also aids digestion.
7. Grapes – Great source of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and other micronutrients. They aid in digestion and have anti inflammatory properties.
8. Cherries – Very rich in anti oxidants, they also have beta carotene and anti inflammatory properties and so reduce the risk of arthritis.
9. Peaches – Rich in beta carotene and antioxidants they are a good source of fiber and potassium.
10. Pomegranate – Rich source of fiber, Vitamin C and antioxidants. They are known to help boost immunity and reduce heart disease risk factors and aid smooth bowel movement.