Prep Time: 5 minutes (plus soaking)
I love lemons- lemonade, popsicles, on my dressings, lemon juice on tomatoes, asparagus, on black beans, lentil soup, pasta, etc. Lemons have antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers. They’re loaded with antioxidants, packed with Vitamin C. They aid in digestion; help fight Inflammation.
I also love cashews. Cashews are by far my favorite nut and snack. I also love them in stir fries or chinese rice . They are full of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Cashews are high in magnesium, which protects against high blood pressure, muscle spasms, migraine headaches, tension, soreness and fatigue. Cashews are a natural anti-depressant. According to natural cures, not medicine; “2 handfuls of cashews is the therapeutic equivalent of a prescription dose of Prozac.” No wonder I’m never depressed.
So I combined two of my favorite things, cashews and lemons into one sweet, creamy and lemony tasty bite. Yum!
Key Lime Pie Fudge Squares
• 1 ½ cup raw cashews
• 3 tbsp. lemon juice
• 5 packets organic stevia
• 1 tsp. sea salt
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Place raw cashews in a large bowl.
2. Add warm water until the nuts are well submerged. Add a few sprinkles of salt. Soak for at least four hours.
3. Drain water from the cashews. Rinse in cold water.
4. Combine cashews, juice, stevia, salt and vanilla extract in the bowl of your food processor.
5. Process mixture until smooth, about 4 minutes.
6. Transfer the mixture to a Tupperware sandwich keeper lined with parchment paper for easy removal. Press the mixture into the bottom of the container and smooth with a spoon or spatula. Tap against kitchen counter so it sets well.
7. Cover and place in the freezer for two hours.
8. Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper.
9. With a long warm knife trim off the rugged edges to get 9 perfect bite sized squares. (I formed 2 balls with trimmed bits.)
10. Freeze for 4 hours.
11. Keep chilled until serving. Can last up to a week (but I doubt they will)
This fudge is decadent; melts in your mouth. It’s healthy- not loaded with butter or sugar. One square has just the right amount of sweetness, protein and fat to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s made from only 5 real and simple ingredients.
Eat it right out the freezer, that cold sweet melty feeling is perfect for a hot summer day treat.