Summer is here! Kids are out of school, the sun is shining and the beach is waiting. It's the perfect season for lemonade. Instead of drinking concentrated lemonade or yucky powdered mixes, think of squeezing your own. As well, get creative and add an array of fruit and herbs that intensify the flavor and add beautiful hues of colors. Try strawberries or watermelon with basil. Peach and fresh lemon thyme make a beautiful combination too.
Although this lemonade is made with blueberry and mint, you can use the same proportions and techniques to add any fruit or herbs.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- Juice the lemons/limes and transfer to a large pitcher.
- Add sugar and water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the blueberries and mint.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture for about 20 seconds until the mixture turns pinkish and the mint is finely chopped.
- Strain out the pulp and serve over ice.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.