Prep Time: 20 minutes
Raw vegan slaw is, indeed, an incredible dish and it is sure to pair well with your summer BBQ. Try it out by preparing it yourself! Anyone from an amateur to a professional chef can prepare this salad in just a few minutes.
This simple dish has so many vegetables that you are going to love. They are mixed with a variety of seasonings to give it a flavour that is incredibly enchanting. You are going to adore the color of this salad, too. It shows how the salad is packed full of fibre and antioxidants that are essential to your health.
Ready to boost your wellbeing? Then let’s get started!
- Kohlrabi – one big bulb
- Zucchini – 1 ½ cups
- Carrots – 1 ½ cups
- Pole beans – 1 ½ cups sliced into pieces
- Fresh peas – 1 ½ cups
- Finely chopped fresh garlic – 2 teaspoons
- Sliced scallions about ¼ inch pieces – 2 tablespoons
- Vegan mayonnaise – ¾ cups
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Celery seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Pure cane sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Ensure that all the veggies are clean before you process them by putting them under running water to clear them of any germs and dust.
- Place all the veggies into a food processor and chop them coarsely.
- Transfer all the chopped veggies to a large bowl and add the garlic, beans, and peas.
- In a medium sized bowl, pour all the dressing ingredients and whisk them thoroughly.
- Then pour the dressing onto the chopped vegetables and mix well with a spatula.
- You can eat this salad right away or store it in a tightly sealed glass container in the fridge to eat later.
- This salad will store for a week in the refrigerator.
I hope you love this healthy, antioxidant-packed salad! Let me know what you think.
Image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons.