I'm recovering from being sick and eating only soup and bland crackers for almost every meal for the last 2 days (As seen in my last Flaming Vegan post ;)). Now I am happy to move to some different foods. This is what I whipped up for lunch today. Very colourful, healthy and filling.
Ingredients for Stir Fry
- 1/4 shredded sweet potato (peeled first)
- 1/2 shredded carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper or 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tbs liquid aminos / low sodium soy sauce / coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbs rice vinegar
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- romaine lettuce leaves (or your choice or leafy green)
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet, add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the lettuce and stir fry for about 10 minutes.
- When done, place some of the mixture on romaine lettuce leaves. You can wrap the leaves and stick a toothpick in to hold them together or just wrap them individually with your hands. They can be messy if you don't have large or study leaves, so just make sure to have some napkins. ;) Oh, and dip them in some creamy chive dressing! That's the best part. You may want to make the dressing slightly ahead of time so it has time to cool and set in the fridge.
Ingredients for Chive Dressing
- 1 package of firm silken tofu (I used Lite)
- a few chives
- 1/2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of red hot pepper flakes, optional - adds spiciness
- Blend dressing ingredients until smooth. Thickens slightly and flavor improves when allowed to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Use this dressing as a veggie dip, on sandwiches, on pitas, pizzas, salads, wraps, crackers...