Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Tofu is a great meat substitute for vegans and vegetarians. Today I would like to share a delicious scrambled tofu recipe. This recipe is very popular and can be prepared quickly. Scrambled tofu can be served as a healthy breakfast option. I am using some of my favourite vegetables in this recipe, but you can customise them according to what you're craving and whatever's in season. All you have to do is cook some of your favourite vegetables with some spices and tofu, and your scrambled tofu will be ready in no time. So let’s create this simple and relishing recipe of healthy vegan scrambled tofu.
- 8 to 10 ounces of Tofu
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- Olive oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped cilantro for garnishing
- Step 1: Take the tofu and crumble it into finely chopped pieces with the help of a fork. Now keep the tofu aside till you assemble the remaining ingredients.
- Step 2: Heat some olive oil in a pan on a medium flame. Put the minced ginger, garlic and finely chopped onions in and let them cook for about 5 minutes. Once the colour of the mixture turns golden brown, lower the flame.
- Step 3: Now add the green and red bell peppers to the mixture and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Once the mixture is cooked, add some cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt.
- Step 5: Lastly add the crumbled tofu to the mixture and stir well. Let it cook for 5 minutes on a high flame. Let the ingredients cook till the tofu becomes a little crispy.
Garnish the scrambled tofu with finely chopped cilantro and serve it piping hot! You can have the scrambled tofu with vegan Indian flat bread and any sauce of your choice. Another tip, if you feel like the scrambled tofu isn't spicy enough, you could sprinkle some black pepper or red pepper flakes, too! Enjoy the recipe with your loved ones.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.