Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Snacks don’t always have to be unhealthy to taste fantastic. Granola is a very healthy option indeed. Nuts and oats make it a nutrition packed snack for anytime of the day. I love diving into granola for breakfast, dinner, and in between meals as well. As a bonus, the recipe that I am about to share can be kept in an air tight containers up to for three months, so you don’t worry about the hassle of making it very often, even though it's wonderfully simple preparation as well.
Not only is your family about to fall in love with this go-to recipe, gift your homemade granola to friends who are opting for a deliciously healthy lifestyle.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- Half cup raisins
- Few apricots
- Half cup sunflower seeds. (You can shell them yourself or snag some already shelled.)
- 3 cups oats
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to about 300 degrees.
- Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, mix all of your the dry ingredients together.
- Step 3: Stir in the canola oil and maple syrup and continue to mix until well combined.
- Step 4: Lightly oil a baking sheet and spread the granola out evenly. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Step 5: Make sure to gently stir the ingredients every fifteen minutes throughout heating to prevent uneven cooking.
Once cooled, you can keep your granola in an airtight container or cut it into cubes and store in the refrigerator. You can add different nuts and dry fruits, and make it all your own. Enjoy!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.