Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Today I am going to share with you a very simple recipe that is perfect for family dinners and social gatherings. This healthy vegan coconut lime rice is the perfect accompaniment to a number of dishes. In this recipe I use white rice, but you can use whichever kind of rice you like. Just ensure to add the appropriate amount of ingredients so that the rice is not undercooked or overcooked. This recipe is easy and quick to prepare. Even novices can give this one a shot.
So let me show you how to make this lovely dish!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of white jasmine rice
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 lime zest
- 1 lime juice
- Dash of salt
- Step 1: Warm a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Step 2: Sauté the white jasmine rice in coconut oil for about a minute and a half.
- Step 3: Add in the can of coconut milk and mix to combine.
- Step 4: Bring the mixture to a boil and cover the pan with a lid.
- Step 5: Reduce the heat to low.
- Step 6: Let the rice simmer for half an hour.
- Step 7: Once done, turn off the heat and let the finished rice sit for a while, covered, so that the aromas get a chance to spin their magic. After 5-10 minutes, remove the lid and garnish the rice with lime zest and a bit of salt (to taste).
- Step 8: Serve warm.
*Try adding in your favorite beans or vegetables to experiment with this dish. But in my opinion, it is best served in this simple, easy way. Enjoy!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.