Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
If you are looking for something healthy and scrumptious for dinner, then the traditional Asian hot pot is your answer. It is filled with nutrients, vegetables, and spices that can do wonders for your health. The ingredients in this recipe are fairly simple and readily available. However, you can alter the ingredients to suit your preference. Let’s get started.
- 1 packet of thin rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Chili sauce
- Hot pepper sauce
- 4 scallions
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup of green beans
- Step 1: Slice the mushrooms and grate the ginger. Next, thinly slice the carrots and cut the green beans. Slice the scallions and set them aside.
- Step 2: Cook the rice noodles and drain the excess water. Make sure to not over-boil the rice noodles, as they will be further cooked with inthe hot pot.
- Step 3: Place a large sauce pan over medium heat and add some oil.
- Step 4: Once the pan and oil are slightly heated, add the mushrooms and let them cook for about 2 minutes.
- Step 5: Add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, chili sauce, and ginger. Mix all of the ingredients and bring the stock to a boil.
- Step 6: Next, add the carrots, green beans, and scallions. Let all the vegetables cook until done. This could take up to 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 7: Lastly, transfer your noodles into individual serving bowls and add as much stock as you like.
Have this dish piping hot, and you will feel lovely.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr