There has been another snow day here, and I have been finding myself incredibly low on groceries for a couple of weeks. I only buy a couple things when I go, and then I'm stuck with close to nothing again. This is partly to do with the fact that I'm waiting for a pay check, and I'm about to go away for a week, so I don't want too much in my kitchen. Anyway, I had a killer gym class today and was wanting something sweet, but healthy. I got my one small banana I had, shredded coconut, the last bit of dry Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal, the last tbs of ground flax seeds and a few spices and proceeded to make some healthy oatmeal-type cookies. I also had a few chocolate chips leftover from another recipe, so yay, chocolate chip oatmealish cookies were made in a flash!
Because I improvised as I went along, I don't have my exact measurements, but approx. measurements are:
- 1 small banana
- 1/3 cup dry Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal (It consists of brown rice, corn meal...all gluten free ingredients)
- 1 tbs almond meal
- 1 1/2 tbs shredded coconut
- 1 tbs flax meal
- 3 drops French Vanilla Stevia (or plain stevia/xylitol)
- pinch of sea salt
- a few chocolate chips
- shake of cinnamon/nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Get out medium bowl, mash banana, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine. Get out a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and scoop 1 tbs worth of batter. Flatten each ball of batter slightly. Bake for around 10-13 minutes.
These are quite a "breakfasty" type of cookie. They would even make a healthy breakfast too! It's basically like eating oatmeal in a cookie form.
My "recipe" is haphazard, so I found some other vegan "I only have a few/random ingredients in the house but I want cookies" cookie recipes. I love doing these, because it forces me to be a little more creative and not just turn to packaged cookies or always having to follow someone else's recipe.
- Vegan Banana Protein Cookies (6 ingredients)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (7 ingredients - using chickpeas!)
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies (3 ingredients)
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies (3 ingredients)
- 15-Minute Tahini Cookies (3 ingredients) - I think I am going to make these right now!
- Raw Cashew Cookies (3 ingredients)
Off to make some tahini cookies! ...Even though I just made cookies. Oh well... tis the season I guess.