Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
I have been loving chickpea flour lately! It is so delicious and easy to work with. In order to keep my portions and meals easy and managable, I have been enjoying making "mini" or "single serving" dishes. The other night I made mini vegan pot pies, a few weeks ago I did single serving portobello "pizzas" and now I have a single serving chickpea-crust gluten free pizza! :D Nothing better than guilt-free pizza (well ok, there are... but guilt-free pizza is pretty awesome too).
- 1 cup chickpea/besan flour
- 1 cup water
- A few broccoli spears, cut into small pieces
- vegan cheese slice (or Daiya shredded cheese)
- 2-4 tbs tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tbs italian seasoning
- 4 vegan pepperoni slices, optional
- pineapple chunks, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Get out a small bowl and add in the chickpea flour and water and mix well. Get out a small brownie pan or round cake dish. Just make sure it isn't a sheet or the mixture may drip over the edge. Pour the batter evenly into the pan and pop into the oven for around 10-15 minutes, or until the chickpea crust is a little toasty around the edges.
- While the crust is cooking, you can get out the rest of the ingredients. When the chickpea crust is finished, remove from the oven, give it a few minutes to cool and carefully loosen it up and remove from the pan. Place the toppings I've included (or those of your choosing) on top of the crust and pop in the oven for a few minutes, or until it is heated and the cheese has melted.
Serves 1-2 people.