Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Sometimes I get a 12 year old-type of craving for grilled cheese and ketchup. I haven't eaten the "traditional" version of this for years, but I am happy to have a revamped version that is vegan, gluten free and quite a bit healthier. Still going strong with my chickpea flour kick. :P
This is yummy yummy. Serve with fresh salad, cut the grilled cheese into slices and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 vegan cheese slices / daiya
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
Serves 1-2 People.
- Combine all ingredients in a small/medium bowl except for the cheese + avocado. Make sure the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Evenly pour into a non-stick skillet (I used a crepe pan). Cook until bubbles form on top and the edges brown and crisp a bit. It should be easy to flip over.
- While still in the skillet with the heat still on, carefully place cheese and avocado on one half of the circular chickpea socca and fold over onto itself using a spatula.
- Cook for a couple of minutes more on each side until a little toasty and the cheese has started to melt. Slice up or eat with a knife and fork with some ketchup, chutney, hot sauce, or on its own.
SEE ALSO: Delicious Homemade Gluten Free Bread