The cooking demonstrations at the Macy’s Home Store continue, as Chef Bernard puts together a cocktail. He explains that liqueur of your choice can then be added, whether rum, vodka, or whiskey, to really give you a fizz.
The ingredients for this cocktail drink include:
- 16 leaves of Thai basil
- 8 leaves of mint
- ¼ cup of turbinado sugar, but I used brown sugar
- 12 whole white peppercorns
- ½ cup of lime juice, freshly squeezed from limes
- ½ cup of pomegranate juice
- ½ cup of tangerine juice
- 1 cup of ginger beer
- 4 sprigs of Thai basil
- 4 lime wedges
- Place basil, mint, sugar and peppercorns inside a large mortar, and crush together until you notice that the sugar has dissolved.
- Add lime juice and stir contents.
- Add pomegranate and tangerine juices, and stir.
- Use a fine sieve and strain contents.
- Place crushed ice inside cocktail glasses, and pour contents over the crushed ice.
- Top the cocktail drink with some ginger beer as well as basil sprigs and a lime wedge for garnish.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.