Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
Garbanzos are very versatile. There are many things you can do with them even though they are mostly used for making hummus. And who doesn't love hummus? I certainly do! But lately I have been enjoying my garbanzo salad. I am always searching for new dishes to serve. I love how easy and simple this salad is to make. It is a filling dish and very convenient for those days when you want to put something together in no time. This salad is the perfect dish for when you are hosting a party or just having a few friends over. Not only can it be eaten as a taco salad but also as chips and dip. Even though it is a simple dish, it looks so elegant and colorful! And the smell of cilantro and lime together it's something I cant get enough of! This salad is great any time of the year. You can always add or change ingredients according to your liking. Here is what you will need:
* 2 cans of garbanzos
* 2 cans of black beans
* 2 cans of sweet corn
* 3 Tomatoes
* 1 large red onion
* 2 cloves of garlic
* A bunch of cilantro
* 4 tbsps of olive oil
* 2 to 3 limes
* A few dashes of paprika
* Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the tomatoes and onion.
- Chop the cilantro and garlic.
- In a large bowl add the garbanzo, beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, garlic and cilantro.
- Squeeze in the juice of the limes.
- Add the olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and you are done! It's really that simple.
- To serve, crumble some tortilla chips and place the salad on top of it.
If you'd like you can also add shredded vegan cheese to it. A little hot sauce wouldn't hurt either!
This dish will keep good for a few days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!