Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: none
Fruit is one of Summer's many delicious bounties. And something about the sweetness of the pineapple and sour of the grapefruit in this salad mixture that is so delicious. Try it and you'll see. Make sure you choose ripe fruit. Great recipe for parties.
1 ripe pineapple
1-15oz can. grapefruit
1 ripe cantaloupe
2 cups ripe watermelon
2 cups green seedless grapes
2 cups red apple
2 cups strawberries
2 cups banana
8-10 oz. of plain soy yogurt
Optional: shredded coconut and marashino cherries for garnish.
1. Cut the pineapple in two length wise. Carve out the flesh and cut into bite site segments. Set both pineapple halves aside.
2. Cut the other fruit into bite size pieces and measure 2 cups of each and put into a medium size bowl.
3. Mix in the yogurt and toss lightly.
4. Fill the pineapple halves with the salad mixture until overflowing. Keep the rest in bowl as reserve to re-fill the halves.
5. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of each and add afew marashino cherries for garnish.
Note**To ripen a pineapple: Put the pineapple in a brown paper snack and fold top the top. Leave for 24 hours.